3 Tips to Improve Your Patient Bookings for Cosmetic Surgeries
Post pandemic cosmetic surgery procedures have increased by 19%, with more people turning to the internet and social media to research surgical and non-surgical procedures and clinics. Digital media tactics are an area of opportunity that should be explored to capture this increased interest, and generate new patient bookings. We’ve compiled a list of key considerations to enhance your overall digital marketing strategy and drive leads for your cosmetic surgery practice.
1. Identify Your Target Audience
Keeping up with the latest industry trends and understanding patient demographics is an essential first step in the process of attracting newcomers to your practice. When working through your marketing strategy, it’s easy to envision that your potential patient pool consists of those identical to the patients that are already in your waiting room. By exploring the most up-to-date cosmetic surgery statistics below, you may find that you’re missing out on opportunities to attract new patients in your own backyard.
- While ages 40-54 make up the majority of cosmetic procedures (45%), younger demographics are increasingly showing interest in both surgical and minimally invasive procedures with ages 13-39 accounting for 20% of cosmetic procedures.
- Social media influencers on platforms like Instagram and TikTok are driving conversation and hype around about cosmetic procedures such as Buccal fat pad removal and lip augmentation with filler, which secured a spot on the Top 5 Cosmetic Minimally Invasive Procedures for 2022, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
- While men are the minority gender undergoing the knife, they still make up 8% of total cosmetic procedures, making them an important demo that shouldn’t be forgotten.
- When considering how to establish long term relationships with patients, it’s important to note that 77% of cosmetic non-surgery patients are repeat patients, as opposed to the 44% of cosmetic surgery patients.
- Procedures focusing on the body increased by 25% in 2022, as reflected in a majority of the most popular surgical procedures of 2022: Liposuction, Breast Augmentation, Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty), Breast Lift (Mastopexy) and Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty).
The Moran Group uses Amplifi to access a wealth of audience data, allowing us to target your most relevant customers, such as people that are in-market for or have recently researched specific cosmetic and surgical procedures. Learn more here.
2. Build Trust
Establishing credibility and building trust is essential to help patients feel comfortable and confident when scheduling an appointment for a consultation or first time visit. Before running any form of paid media, ensuring that your website is user-friendly and informative is important in helping you optimize towards conversions. Here are a few helpful tips to consider:
- Ensure your website is easy to navigate and mobile friendly.
- Highlight before and after transformations, patient testimonials and other educational resources, such as blogs, FAQs, webinars and videos.
- Provide clear and concise details on the services and procedures offered, pricing, staff bios and credentials.
- Apply easy to fill out lead generation tools to your website, such as a contact us form, schedule a consult form and/or newsletter sign-up form.
3. Drive Leads
Now that you know who your audience is and how to gain their trust, you’re ready to drive some conversions! Here are some of our favorite digital media tactics:
- Facebook Lead Generation Ads: These ads can live on both Facebook and Instagram, and can display across the numerous placements that are available on these platforms. Users have the ability to fill out a Lead Form without clicking off of the Facebook Platform, making for a better user experience. Once submitted the data is sent directly to your CRM software.
- Amplifi Display Advertising: Amplifi's display advertising raises awareness and strengthens low-funnel conversions. Display campaigns use static and/or animated branded creative with a strong call to action, such as “Book Now for a Free Consultation”, to target your audience across premium content (websites, local news sites & mobile apps). These campaigns help increase website traffic and encourage conversions by driving potential patients to a landing page where they can schedule appointments or provide information through a contact us form.
- Video Awareness Campaigns: Video is a fantastic way to raise brand awareness and a great compliment to the lower funnel tactics mentioned above. You can use video as a way to showcase your office and surgical facilities, staff and feature patient testimonials or before and after photos on platforms like Facebook/Instagram, Youtube and TikTok. Additionally, another way to connect with your audience is through programmatic ads via Amplifi CTV and online video. Amplifi video enables you to share your story to your target audience through premium ad supported video on demand programming and when and where your audience prefers to consume content online.