Location: New Orleans, LA
The Moran Group is in search of a rockstar developer who has strong competency in PHP and JS. The position is located in our New Orleans office, located in the heart of the CBD.
Our small development team works closely with almost every other department of the agency so a collaborative attitude is a must have.
The value that we provide takes many shapes; here are some examples:
- Automation – Using software to make internal processes more efficient.
- Products – We are in the process of enhancing a custom client-facing dashboard; our most ambitious project yet.
- Tracking – In order that our clients can see the value we are providing, we need to track results from our marketing efforts. Much of our time is spent maintaining code that provides this tracking.
- Reporting – As a team, we try to deliver unique month-end reporting solutions for our clients. This often involves custom development and creative input from developers.
- Dynamic Marketing Campaigns – Driven entirely by software. These programs generate marketing assets based on the current inventory of our clients.
- Experience with or an interest in marketing & advertising
- Ability to work well and collaborate as a member of a team
- Ability to think critically about challenges and take initiative to solve problems
- Be a self-starter and have the ability to self motivate
- Ability to learn new technologies/concepts quickly and a continually self improve
- Ability to communicate effectively with a team via face-to-face, phone, email or slack
- A passion for creating and providing solutions to hard problems with software
- Experience with React.js and Node.js
- Experience with Laravel, a backend framework for PHP
- Experience using Git
- Familiarity with agile methodologies / JIRA
- Experience with Docker / containerized resources
- Experience with jQuery and DOM navigation
- Experience working with MySQL, MongoDB and Redis
- Experience with external integrations / API development
- Firm grasp of a Linux based command line
- Knowledge of HTTP
- Familiarity with OOP principles
Bonus points if you have any of the following
- Knowledge of standard marketing metrics like CTR, Impression Share, etc.
- Experience with SASS (we use SCSS in most cases)
- Understanding of JS promises and async-await
- Experience with microservices architecture
- Proficiency in Excel
- Experience with any of the following online platforms
- Google Analytics
- Google Ads
- Bing Ads
- Google Tag Manager
- Google Analytics
- Google Sheets
- Facebook Ads
The Moran Group is an eclectic bunch of advertising professionals passionate about the automotive world. For 30+ years, as a fully integrated ad agency, we have partnered with our clients to make local, regional, & national leaders.
Job Type: Full-time
Sales environment(s): Office
Onboarding time: 1-3 months